HSHS Board of Directors and Committees
- The Building and Operations Committee
- It is responsible for the physical facilities, maintenance, security and safety of the building.
- Finance Committee
- It oversees the operation and capital budget, investments, insurance and all other financial aspects of the Society.
- Personnel Committee
- It is in charge of personnel policy, staff relationships and employee contracts and assists the Property Manager and Childcare Director in hiring staff.
- Children's Centre Committee
- It advises on the policy and administration of the children's centre.
- Membership Committee
- It coordinates social events for children and adults in order for the members to get to know each other better and therefore create a family atmosphere in the building.
HSHS Board of Directors
- President - Md Tahazzud Hossain
Vice President -
Executive Secretary - Qianni Hu
Treasurer - Ayodeji Adedeji
Children's Centre Chair -
Membership Chair -
Personnel Chair -
Director - Reda Asharef
Director - Shadi Shehadeh
Director - Reza Tafreshi
Director - Rory Campbell
Director - Abdulhakim Hussain
Community Director -
Dalhousie Rep - Dean Martin
Dalhousie Rep - Eleanor Crowell
Dalhousie Rep - Greg McNutt
The existence of the Society is dependent on the contribution of its members. Each member is expected to contribute to the society in some way in order for the society to maintain an affordable rent level and family atmosphere. Members can contribute to the society by becoming a Board or Committee member or volunteering or participating in other areas. The members of the Board of Directors are a group of people responsible not for the day-to-day running of the society, but for governing it. The day-to-day operations are taken care of by several full time employees of the Society.
Mandatory Member Involvement
It is mandatory for members to attend one of two annual meetings each year. This is where by-law changes are made and a volunteer Board of Directors is elected by the Membership.